What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are saved and stored on your computer, tablet, or smart phone while you visit various websites. A cookie normally contains the name of the website that it came from, how long it is stored on the terminal device, and a randomly generated unique number the identifies the browser that is used to access the website.
1. In relation to providing access to the content of the ZAP-Mechanika Sp. z o.o. website, cookies, i.e. information that is saved by servers on the user’s terminal device and that servers can read each and every time this terminal device connects to it, as well as other similar technologies with similar or identical functions as cookies are or may be used. In this document, information regarding cookies also applies in regard to other similar technologies that are used by our websites. Cookies constitute IT data, in particular, text files which are stored on the terminal device of the user of the ZAP-Mechanika Sp. z o.o. website.
2. Cookies are used for the purpose of:
adapting the content of the website’s pages to the user’s preferences as well as optimising the use of the websites (in particular, these files allow the server to identify the user’s device and appropriately display the website, adapted to the user’s individual needs); creating statistics that help understand how the website’s users use the web pages, which allows for the improvement of their structure and content; maintaining the website user’s session (after logging in) thanks to which the user does not have to enter his or her login and password on each of the website’s web pages; providing advertisements to the users that are better tailored to their interests.
3. The following types of cookies may be used as part of the ZAP-Mechanika Sp. z o.o. website:
“necessary” cookies that allow for the use of the services that are available on the website, ex. authentication cookies used for services that require authentication on the website, cookies used for security purposes, ex. used to detect abuse in regard to authentication on the website, cookies that allow for the gathering o information regarding how the website’s web pages are used, “functional” cookies that allow for the user’s settings and personalisation of the user interface to be “remembered”, ex. in regard to the selected language or region that the user is from, font size, website appearance, etc., “advertising” cookies that allow for the providing advertisements to the users that are better tailored to their interests.
4. In many cases, the software that is used to view websites (browsers) allows for cookies to be used on the user’s terminal device by default. The users of the website may change their cookie settings at any time. In particular, these settings may be changed in such a way as to block cookies in the browser’s options or prompt the user of each and every cookie that is saved on the website user’s terminal device. Detailed information regarding the options and ways in which cookies are used is available in the software’s (browser’s) settings. If no changes are made in regard to the cookie settings, they will be saved on the user’s terminal device and as such we will have access to such information.
5. Disabling cookies may result in difficulties in regard to using certain services as part of our websites, in particular, those that require logging in. However, disabling cookies does not prevent the content of the ZAP-Mechanika Sp. z o.o. website from being read or viewed with the exception of content that requires the user to log in.
6. Cookies may be saved on the terminal device of the ZAP-Mechanika Sp. z o.o. website user and then used by advertisers, research companies, and the suppliers of multimedia applications that cooperate with the website.
How to turn off cookies in the following browsers?
Storage and use of data
In accordance with the practices adopted by most websites, we store HTTP requests that were sent to our server. This means that we know the public IP addresses from which users browse the content of our website. The content that is viewed is identified using URL addresses. Our serves also automatically save such data as: web page requests sent by the user, the date and time of the request, device information (ex. the model of the device), browser type, browser language, and operating system type.
This data is used to ensure the stability and security of the operations of our servers. The generated logs are stored by us for an indefinite period of time as evidentiary materials that help administer the website and for the possible purposes of investigations conducted by government authorities that are entitled by law to do so.